The Adams Apprenticeship is a first-of-its-kind program impacting the entrepreneurial careers of UNC students and alumni.
UNC is committed to developing transformative entrepreneurial leaders. This program matches high-achieving students with successful UNC alumni to shape, support and speed the transition to entrepreneurial careers with successful outcomes.
The Adams Challenge Grant is Now Open!
We are pleased to announce that the John and Patricia Adams Family Foundation has offered a matching challenge grant of up to $30,000 per year to fund entrepreneurial treks to New York and San Francisco. Every dollar that we raise will be matched by the Adams Family Foundation up to $30,000.
Please help us reach our goal by donating at this link. Please list Dina Rousset as the person who referred you under "gift options" so we know to count it towards the Adams Apprenticeship Challenge grant.
You can also send in a check made out to The Kenan-Flagler Business School Foundation ( Note "Adams Apprenticeship" in the check memo) to: Chenille Mcinnes; Advancement Services Manager; UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School; Kenan Center 408; Campus Box 3440; Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3440
Some more information about the treks:
- 1 to 1 Match of up to $30,000 to fund New York & Silicon valley Adams Entrepreneurial Treks
- In 2015 Adams started organzing E(ntrepreneurship) treks to NY and Silicon Valley
- The goal is to introduce students to E hot spots to raise their aspirations and widen their horizons, while also strengthening the
- UNC E network
- Many students attend one trip and some are not able to afford either
- If we can raise $30k then together with the Adams Family Foundation match we will be able to fully cover trip costs.
- Sept 15: Application Period Closes
- Sept 23: Fall Conference & Networking
- Nov 7: 2nd Round of Applications Due
- Nov 10-11: New York Networking Trip
- Monthly Team Meetings
- Dec 1: Final Leadership Plans & Board of Advisors Due
- Feb. 17: Adams Annual Gala and Conference
- January 21, 5-8pm @ Launch: Co-curricular #1: Introduction to the Apprenticeship. Advisors & former apprentices join at 7pm for networking.
- January 25 @ KFBS: 1st E-lab class led by Ted Zoller
- February 1 @ KFBS: 2nd E-lab class featuring Kel Landis and "Little Book of Do!"
- February 10, 7:30-9:30pm @ KFBS 2350: Co-curricular #2: Leadership assessment and networking coaching
- February 25, 6:30-8:30pm: Annual Gala and Award Dinner in Chapel Hill (Advisors & Apprentices)
- February 26: Adams Conference & Co-curricular #3
- March 2, 7:30-9:30pm @ KFBS 2350: Co-curricular #4, Finalizing your Leadership Plan
- Early April (date TBD): San Francisco networking trip
- May 2: Final E-lab course at Lonerider Brewery with founder Sumit Vohra
- May 6: Semester finishes, internships begin
KEY FACTS FROM OUR INAUGURAL YEAR:
- 31 high-potential entrepreneurial students
- 120+ alumni founders, funders, and growth executives
- Operated by the UNC Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and the John and Patricia Adams Foundation
- Key contacts: Ted Zoller, Dina Mills, Callie Brauel, Kay Spivey, Brett Nicol and David Bond
- 2015 is the inaugural year of the program
- Five student & alumni networking events
- Six co-curricular sessions including topics such as "Building Your Personal Leadership Plan"
- Spring Semester Entrepreneur's Lab taught by Ted Zoller
- By the end of the Apprenticeship, students are expected to have completed a Personal Leadership Plan and built a Board of Advisors