The Adams Apprenticeship is a first-of-its-kind program impacting the entrepreneurial careers of UNC students and alumni.
UNC is committed to developing transformative entrepreneurial leaders. This program matches high-achieving students with successful UNC alumni to shape, support and speed the transition to entrepreneurial careers with successful outcomes.
- Sept 15: Application Period Closes
- Sept 23: Fall Conference & Networking
- Nov 7: 2nd Round of Applications Due
- Nov 10-11: New York Networking Trip
- Monthly Team Meetings
- Dec 1: Final Leadership Plans & Board of Advisors Due
- Feb. 17: Adams Annual Gala and Conference
- January 21, 5-8pm @ Launch: Co-curricular #1: Introduction to the Apprenticeship. Advisors & former apprentices join at 7pm for networking.
- January 25 @ KFBS: 1st E-lab class led by Ted Zoller
- February 1 @ KFBS: 2nd E-lab class featuring Kel Landis and "Little Book of Do!"
- February 10, 7:30-9:30pm @ KFBS 2350: Co-curricular #2: Leadership assessment and networking coaching
- February 25, 6:30-8:30pm: Annual Gala and Award Dinner in Chapel Hill (Advisors & Apprentices)
- February 26: Adams Conference & Co-curricular #3
- March 2, 7:30-9:30pm @ KFBS 2350: Co-curricular #4, Finalizing your Leadership Plan
- Early April (date TBD): San Francisco networking trip
- May 2: Final E-lab course at Lonerider Brewery with founder Sumit Vohra
- May 6: Semester finishes, internships begin
KEY FACTS FROM OUR INAUGURAL YEAR:
- 31 high-potential entrepreneurial students
- 120+ alumni founders, funders, and growth executives
- Operated by the UNC Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and the John and Patricia Adams Foundation
- Key contacts: Ted Zoller, Dina Mills, Callie Brauel, Kay Spivey, Brett Nicol and David Bond
- 2015 is the inaugural year of the program
- Five student & alumni networking events
- Six co-curricular sessions including topics such as "Building Your Personal Leadership Plan"
- Spring Semester Entrepreneur's Lab taught by Ted Zoller
- By the end of the Apprenticeship, students are expected to have completed a Personal Leadership Plan and built a Board of Advisors